Saturday, March 31, 2012

Sleep Fighter!

Sleep fighter! Sleep Fighter! I sing this as I play with the Little Misters' legs. I make him kick and I say "KaChow!" He gets a kick out of it and smiles and giggles....which by the way is one of the BEST things I've ever heard in my life. He really giggles now!

Cooper is a sleep fighter. He doesn't fight sleep all the time, just his afternoon nap naps. He's got a little schedule now, which is great, but literally only works if he is with his Fallible Mommy and stays at home ALL day. Just a smidge picky. Anyway, he goes down for his 10AM ish nap pretty well. Swaddle him, turn him on his side, and set the swing to 4 and he's good to go for anywhere between 1 1/2- 2 1/4 hours. Then around noonish, he eats...then we play. Then almost always, he sleep fights. I can put him down at 1:30...sleep fight. I can put him down at 2:00...sleep fight. He will squirm and depending on his mood, he will eventually sleep or SCREAM like he's on fire. No matter what he will eventually sleep for no more than an hour usually. Rinse and repeat. He then has a late afternoon nap which I cannot break him of-where he fights off sleep for about 30-45 minutes. He doesn't usually cry, he squirms and tries sooooo hard to keep his eyes open.

Bedtime is usually between 6:15-6:45. He eats and goes to sleep with relative ease. Then he wakes up every 3-4 hours to eat and then goes right back to sleep. I am grateful that he goes right back to sleep, but I truly long for a 5 hour stretch....5 hours for both Mike and I would be heavenly.

Oh and by the way...the next person that tells me that there child didn't sleep through the night until they were 2...3....4...5...6....I'm gonna punch in the ovary. OK not really, but you get the point.

1 comment:

  1. O.k. So I won't tell you how old my eldest was before he finally started to sleep. LOL But I will tell you it does get better as far as the lack of sleep goes. Never the way it was before, but better.:-)

    I just discovered your blog BTW. Love it! I just added you to my blog roll so I can catch all of your latest posts.

    ReplyDelete